Welcome to U-Me New Media
New to New Media? Click here for an overview of the University of Maine's New Media program.
U-Me New Media at a glance
! Departmental Alerts
- Need advising help? Check out these links! (Mar 2013)
- NMD430 Contagious Media in Fall 2009 (Mar 2013)
- How to get a Degree Audit (Mar 2013)
- NMD398 Design Patterns for New Media in Spr 2012 (Oct 2011)
- NMD295 Script Your World class (Oct 2011)
- Co-create with nature in new Life Art class (Oct 2009)
- NMD 430 Indigenous Media in Spr 2009 (Oct 2008)
Still Water Hosts Code and Creativity Week
Five acclaimed software artists discuss their work and the future of codeIn September 2003 Still Water presents a series of special lectures and workshops on the topic of Code and Creativity.
LEFT: Artist John Klima discusses his collaborative music interface Glasbead as part of the 2003 Code and Creativity conference.
Presenters at these events include world-renowned artists and scholars, from software artists Alex Galloway, John Klima, and Mark Napier to blog diva Liza Sabater to Whitney Museum curator and author Christiane Paul.
University of Maine undergraduate and graduate students also presented original works of creative software. Read a schedule of the week's events.
RIGHT: Still Water co-founder Joline Blais with graduate students Alexandre Berthier, Ersellia Ferron, and Karl-Otto von Oertzen at the first Code and Creativity conference.
Posted 2003-09-11 01:15:12 by Jon Ippolito
More interaction news...