New to New Media? Click here for an overview of the University of Maine's New Media program.
- Need advising help? Check out these links! (Mar 2013)
- NMD430 Contagious Media in Fall 2009 (Mar 2013)
- How to get a Degree Audit (Mar 2013)
- NMD398 Design Patterns for New Media in Spr 2012 (Oct 2011)
- NMD295 Script Your World class (Oct 2011)
- Co-create with nature in new Life Art class (Oct 2009)
- NMD 430 Indigenous Media in Spr 2009 (Oct 2008)
I remember the last time I used a pay phone. It was one of those winter once-upon-a-times, in Madrid, when I was a teenager. I remember having to wait in line to call my parents, trying not to give away my drunkenness after a night out. It sounded like crap. It was full of crap. And my mom gave me crap for telling her that I was arriving home late once again.
I can't even remember how much the call was, but I remember that the seven by seven-foot guy behind me asked me for a coin. His bloody—as in full of blood—Iron Maiden t-shirt and black eye were good arguments. I gave him two coins. I'm pretty sure a third hand came out of his ZZ Top beard to grab them.
Obsolete author and Giz collaboratorAnna Jane Grossmanwent to the Third Avenue, in New York, to check out the life of the metal animals that don't give a damn about your iPhone. She did this great video with filmmaker Dan Scofield. Enjoy it. [Obsolete and JustaGuyWhoKnows]
Send an email to Jesus Diaz, the author of this post, at email@example.com.
Updated: 2009-10-17 by Apollo Clark