Welcome to U-Me New Media
New to New Media? Click here for an overview of the University of Maine's New Media program.
U-Me New Media at a glance
! Departmental Alerts
- Need advising help? Check out these links! (Mar 2013)
- NMD430 Contagious Media in Fall 2009 (Mar 2013)
- How to get a Degree Audit (Mar 2013)
- NMD398 Design Patterns for New Media in Spr 2012 (Oct 2011)
- NMD295 Script Your World class (Oct 2011)
- Co-create with nature in new Life Art class (Oct 2009)
- NMD 430 Indigenous Media in Spr 2009 (Oct 2008)
2012 New Media Curriculum boosts tech skills
New NMD curriculum aims to balance creative and technical sides of student brainsHarvard president Derek Bok said overhauling a curriculum is like moving a cemetery. Well, after one semester's self-study and two more of weekly meetings by its faculty, the New Media department has officially moved a cemetery.
The 2012 New Media curriculum features three new core courses and numerous modifications to existing ones in an attempt to strike a better balance between required and elective courses. Students will now be required to maintain and upgrade an online portfolio, while pumping up the technical muscle of New Media Majors is a newly implemented Baseline Programming Language integrated in courses across the first and second years.
This effort was spearheaded by Jon Ippolito with steadfast support from New Media colleagues Joline Blais, Bill Kuykendall, Mike Scott, and Owen Smith, under the guidance of 2010-11 director Susan Groce and 2011-12 chair Larry Latour.
Updated: 2012-04-20 by Jon Ippolito
Posted 2012-04-12 08:09:34 by Jon Ippolito
More interaction news...