Welcome to U-Me New Media
New to New Media? Click here for an overview of the University of Maine's New Media program.
U-Me New Media at a glance
! Departmental Alerts
- Need advising help? Check out these links! (Mar 2013)
- NMD430 Contagious Media in Fall 2009 (Mar 2013)
- How to get a Degree Audit (Mar 2013)
- NMD398 Design Patterns for New Media in Spr 2012 (Oct 2011)
- NMD295 Script Your World class (Oct 2011)
- Co-create with nature in new Life Art class (Oct 2009)
- NMD 430 Indigenous Media in Spr 2009 (Oct 2008)
NMD295 Script Your World class
NMD295: Script Your World
Wednesday 9-11:30am, 420 Chadbourne Hall
Joline Blais and Jon Ippolito
This course examines the role new media can play in the transformation of a broken world. Students will explore cutting-edge developments such as the use of Facebook and Twitter in the Arab Spring uprisings, Open Space in #OccupyWallStreet, and YouTube in promoting community gardens. Students will combine these many-to-many tactics with practice in scripting language of HTML5 to build a network that solves a social or ecological problem. Some knowledge of HTML desirable but not necessary. Open to all students inside or outside of New Media.